Dustin Hunter is a founding partner at the Law Firm of Robertson and Hunter, LLP. He specializes in Criminal Defense and Criminal Traffic Defense.
Mr. Hunter received his Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from Florida State University. He received his Law degree from Florida State University, graduating cum laude in 2007. He moved to Key West to begin practicing law immediately thereafter.
Mr. Hunter moved to Key West with his wife, Allison, in 2007 to work as a Criminal Prosecutor at the Monroe County State Attorney’s Office. He worked there as a prosecutor until 2010. While at the State Attorney’s Office, Mr. Hunter handled over a thousand misdemeanor and felony criminal cases. During that time, he also represented the State of Florida in extensive DUI Breathalyzer litigation.
In 2010, Mr. Hunter entered private practice at the law firm of Berry, Day & McFee. At Berry, Day & McFee, he assisted clients with a wide variety of legal needs, including Criminal and Traffic Defense, DUI Defense, and Civil Litigation.
In 2012, Mr. Hunter started his own practice forming Robertson & Hunter, LLP. Mr. Hunter specializes primarily in criminal defense work. He represents a wide variety of clients, locals and tourists alike. Mr. Hunter has experience representing clients in all varieties of criminal charges, from misdemeanors to the most serious felonies.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Hunter serves as a law professor at Florida Keys Community College, where he teaches Business Law I and II.
- Current President of the Monroe County Bar Association; Vice President 2016; Secretary 2015; Treasurer 2014; Sergeant at Arms 2013
- Member of The Florida Bar 2007 – present
- Member of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida 2013 – present
- Member of The Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2010 – present; President of the Monroe County Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2016
- Professor of Business Law at FKCC 2013 – present
- Member of Key West Sunrise Rotary
- Volunteer Judge Monroe County Mock Trial
- Justice Teaching Volunteer
Dustin Hunter has been rated “Excellent” by the legal website Avvo.